Recipe by JustJan
A tasty stew to serve over biscuits! A great comfort food on a snowy evening!
Top Review by mums the word
This turned out great and we loved it! I had to substitute the potatoes with noodles and I used recipe #278160 to replace the canned soup. This will be repeated many times. Thx Jan!
- 1 lb chicken breast, cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup potato, cubed
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 cup frozen peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, chicken broth and cream of chicken soup and seasonings in a dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are semi-tender.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet and brown chicken until no longer pink. Add to vegetable mixture along with frozen peas.
- Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender. Serve over warm biscuits.