A tasty stew to serve over biscuits! A great comfort food on a snowy evening!
Make and share this Chicken Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb chicken breast, cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup potato, cubed
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Combine potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, chicken broth and cream of chicken soup and seasonings in a dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are semi-tender.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet and brown chicken until no longer pink. Add to vegetable mixture along with frozen peas.
- Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender. Serve over warm biscuits.