Recipe by Tish
I got this out of BHG Make Ahead Cookbook from 1971. These use some convenience mixes that you probably could make yourself without much trouble. I will post it as it is in the cookbook however!
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) package sour cream, sauce mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken, cooked and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons green peppers, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) package cheese sauce mix
- 1 (8 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare sour cream sauce mix according to package directions using the 1 1/3 cups milk. Combine 1/2 cup of the sour cream sauce, the chicken, and green pepper; set mixture aside.
- Sift together flour and baking soda. Combine egg and remaining sour cream sauce. Stir flour mixture into egg mixture.
- Bake batter on hot griddle, using about 2 Tbs mixture for each pancake.
- Place half of the pancakes in a 15 1/2 X 10 1/2 X 1" baking pan.
- Spread each with 1/2 cup chicken mixture.
- Top with remaining pancakes.
- Cover tightly and freeze.
- To serve:.
- Bake frozen stack-ups, covered at 350F for 40 minutes. Prepare cheese sauce mix according to directions. (This is where I would use my own cheese sauce).
- Spoon over pancakes.
- Top with diced cranberry sauce.