Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe comes from Sorrento. If you like cheese then you'll enjoy this.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- onion powder, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup grated romano cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and powders.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat.
- When pan is hot, add chicken and saute 2 minutes each side.
- Remove chicken.
- Saute onions in pan for 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and broth and cook for approximately 8 minutes to blend flavors.
- Place reserved chicken in pan and stir to combine.
- Transfer chicken w/mixture to a 9x13 baking dish.
- Mix cheeses together and sprinkle over chicken.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
i made this using what i had on hand soo... i didnt have any onion powder so i used some dried minced onions, also used fresh cracked pepper and salt, and didnt have any ramano cheese so i grated a bit extra of both the others. this was super easy and super yummy! made this for a Bargain Basement Tag