Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
From 1930s handwritten cookbook, Neligh Ne. A casserole for leftover chicken or turkey, cooked rice, and celery.
- 3 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 cup rice, cooked
- 2 cups breadcrumbs, diced
- 1⁄3 cup celery, diced
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup pimiento
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Mix cooked chicken, cooked rice, breadcrumbs, and celery together.
- Beat in the eggs, salt, poultry seasoning, and pimientos.
- Bake 55 minutes in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven.
- Cut into squares.
- Meanwhile, mix the mushroom soup and chicken broth to make a sauce. I think, from the notes, she poured it over the casserole and baked it 10 minutes more.