1/3 Photos of Chicken Spring Rolls With Garlic Soy Dipping Sauce
Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
Healthy and tasty! Often when I go to make a new recipe, I'll search and find sometimes 3 or more that sound good. I'll then make a combination of them, more than likely adding or omitting a few ingredients to suit my palate. This is one of those times. I really liked the resulting spring rolls and I hope you do too! Make sure that if you don't want to cook the wrappers, you get the ones that can be soaked for a few seconds in water, then made into a wrap and eaten immediately.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE SPRING ROLLS
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 2 cups napa cabbage (aka Chinese, not regular cabbage)
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 carrot, grated
- 2 scallions, finely sliced
- 2 ounces bean thread noodles, blanched and chopped
- 8 ounces chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 10 vietnamese spring roll wrappers
- 1 egg, beaten
FOR THE DIPPING SAUCE
- 1Combine all ingredients for the dipping sauce and set aside.
- 2Heat oil in skillet or wok over high heat. Add the garlic, ginger, cabbage, carrot, scallions and bean sprouts. Cook for 2 minutes or until the cabbage is just limp.
- 3Add the noodles and chicken; continue to cook until heated through.
- 4Stir in the hoisin and oyster sauces; toss to coat the mixture. The filling should be moist, but not wet. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Toss in chopped cilantro.
- 5Place a Vietnamese spring roll wrapper in a pan of hot (not boiling) water for about 15 seconds. Remove and place on plate. If using square wrappers, position one corner toward yourself. If round, it doesn't matter. :o).
- 6Spoon 2 tablespoons of the filling near the bottom (or corner near you) of the wrapper and fold up to enclose the filling. Fold in the left and right sides, then roll up the remainder of the way.
- 7Serve with Garlic-Soy Dipping Sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Spring Rolls With Garlic Soy Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 833.6
- Calories from Fat 412
- Total Fat 45.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 182.1 mg
- Sodium 4758.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 41.2 g