1/1 Photo of Chicken Spinach Strudel
Lisa 12n's Note:
Chicken spinach strudel adapted from a Cooking Light recpie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, defrosted drained
- 4 cups cooked chicken breasts, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons wine or 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1Saute onion in butter.
- 2Remove from heat.
- 3Combine onion, spinach, Chicken, mozerella, 1/4 c parmesean, cilantro, egg, wine, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- 4coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- 5lay down one sheet of phyllo and coat with cooking spray, sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- 6repeat on three more sheets of phyllo.
- 7press the layers together and top with half of the chicken mixture.
- 8Roll up the strudel, leave the seam down on the baking sheet, and tuck ends underneath.
- 9Repeat with other phyllo and chicken mixture.
- 10coat both with cooking spray, parmesean and paprika.
- 11Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Spinach Strudel
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 316.3
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 100.0 mg
- Sodium 452.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 29.6 g