1 hr 10 mins
This is a nourishing soup recipe from 'Young Times' from the column- Eating right with Sanjeev Kapoor. This soup will put the glow back in your cheeks!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and shred the spinach.
- 2Next, wash and cut the chicken into small dices.
- 3Peel and finely chop the onion.
- 4Likewise, do the same for garlic.
- 5Put the potatoes in boiling water, allow to become tender, then, peel and mash them.
- 6Heat oil and butter combo in a soup pot.
- 7Add bay leaf.
- 8Add garlic and onion and saute.
- 9Add spinach.
- 10Discard the bay leaf.
- 11Add salt, crushed peppercorns and some water.
- 12Allow to cook for a while (about 10 minutes) on medium flame.
- 13Add potatoes.
- 14Cook for 3 minutes.
- 15Remove from flame.
- 16Add milk.
- 17Blend the above prepared mixture well in a blender to obtain spinach puree.
- 18Remove the crusts from the bread slices.
- 19Cut them into croutons.
- 20Dilute the spinach puree with milk or water.
- 21Heat the spinach puree (soup) in a pan.
- 22In another pan, cook the croutons until they begin to change colour.
- 23Add a little oil to the croutons and cook till they are crisp.
- 24Drain on absorbent paper towels and keep aside.
- 25Heat oil in another pan.
- 26Add boneless chicken pieces.
- 27Saute till cooked.
- 28Sprinkle salt and pepper powder over the cooked chicken pieces.
- 29Add salt to taste.
- 30Flavour the croutons with oregano and red chilli flakes.
- 31To serve, firstly, put the chicken pieces in a soup bowl.
- 32Pour the soup over them.
- 33Garnish with bread croutons.
- 34Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Spinach Soup
Serving Size: 1 (797 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 806.5
- Calories from Fat 404
- Total Fat 44.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 94.6 mg
- Sodium 592.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.0 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 36.4 g