Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Warm and hearty, perfect for a cool winter's evenings
- 1 whole cooked chicken, boned and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed with all the water squeezed out
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- salt and pepper
- Cook chicken and cut into bite size pieces.
- In a large soup pot melt butter.
- Whisk in flour, cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk in 1 cup chicken broth a little at a time, whisking until thick and smooth.
- Add the rest of the broth, chicken and spinach.
- When very hot remove from heat and stir in sour cream.