Prep 2 mins
Cook 1 min
Simple, fast and easy to make and its delicious!
Make and share this Chicken Spinach Salad With Warm Bacon Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 3 slices bacon, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons Catalina dressing
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup torn spinach leaves
- 1⁄4 cup grilled chicken breast strips
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup cashews
- 1 -2 egg, medium boiled and cubed
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheese (optional)
- 1 shredded carrot (optional)
- 1⁄4 chopped bell pepper (optional)
- 1 sliced radish (optional)
- Place the bacon, dressing and water in small microwavable bowl; stir
- Microwave on high 30 seconds or until warm
- Toss spinach, chicken breast strips, onion, mushrooms, cashews and eggs with dressing mixture in large bowl
- Serve immediately
- 1 T Parmesan Cheese & 2 T bacon grease in place of the catalina dressing
- For an even faster version use precooked chicken and bacon
- Those such as Oscar Mayer Ready to Serve Bacon & Louis Rich Grilled Chicken Breast Strips
I made this recipe as directed but I found that it needed more dressing so I doubled it. I added cheddar cheese, radishes, and grated carrot. I thought that using hard boiled eggs was a very clever way of using the contest ingredients. Thanks for posting and I apologize for the late review, I thought I had already submitted a reveiw for this recipe.
This is very good. The salad has a very fresh taste and the dressing is just right. I did add some grape tomatoes to it to add some color and some freshly grated parmesean cheese. Very good for a quick lunch.