Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Got this from a friend. Saving to try later. We have an abundance of spinach from our CSA.
- 6 cups torn fresh spinach
- 2 cups torn red cabbage
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut into bite sized julienne strips
- 1⁄2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- Combine all ingredients, except the dressing ingredients, in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients and pour over the salad. Toss to combine.
Very good dinner!! I used a Vidalia onion, and a 3 oz. bag of cooked bacon pieces. All I had on hand was white vinegar, but the dressing was tasty just the same. I also used a box of roasted chicken breast strips, just too pressed for time to cook the chicken myself. We love spinach, and chicken, so we will make this one again!