Recipe by Frenchfoodle
I have chicken in my fridge, lots of chicken breast! as I found a super deal in my favourite little farm shop in Somerset "Beckington Farm". Hazelnuts are in season, so let's mix!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 700 g fresh spinach (large leaf)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 20 hazelnuts, crushed
- 4 sprigs tarragon
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam the chicken breast for 30 minutes.
- Remove the middle stem of the spinach, wash and drain.
- Reserve 20 nice looking spinach leaves ( or more if you have small leaves, better than having to go back to the shop like me!) Cook them 30 seconds, 3 or 4 at the time (to avoid them getting damaged) and dress them flat on a plate.
- Cook the rest of spinach in a little water with a lid for 4/5 minutes or until cooked.
- Drain the spinach and chop with a knife.
- Separate the chicken with your hands as much as you can and finish by cutting with a knife.
- Crush the hazelnut in a pestle and mortar.
- Tear the tarragon leaves in pieces.
- Mix all the ingredients above with the ricotta and form balls in any size you like! Small for snacks or starter or bigger for a meal.
- Envelop each ball delicately in a spinach leaf.
- This dish can be prepared in advance as you just need to steam the chicken balls for 3 minutes. Finish with a few sesame seeds on the top.
- I serve this dish with rice.
- The possibilities are endless, you can even use blue cheese mixed with a little ricotta, if you like.
- Bon Appetit!