Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
i decided to make spinach salads for dinner and found out that my bf of 4 years doesnt like raw spinach....how could i not know that by now?? so anyways, lol, i ended up adding some pasta and serving my spinach salad hot...my bf was really impressed since it was thrown together on a whim and tasted great! now that i'm writing the recipe down i think it would also be really good with some sliced black olives thrown in but you decide that!
- 4 chicken breasts, i used Low Fat Italian Dressing Chicken
- 2 cups egg noodles
- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, sliced
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 16 ounces artichoke hearts, drained
- 4 cups Baby Spinach
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- bbq the chicken according to the directions for Recipe #359053, slice.
- cook the noodles in boiling water until done, drain and set aside.
- mix the dressing ingredients and set aside (you can do this way in advance).
- make sure to have the chicken, noodles & dressing done before you continue cuz it goes fast from here and you dont want the spinach to overcook and disintegrate.
- heat 2 tbs olive oil in a large skillet, once hot cook the onions and bell peppers for 2 minutes.
- add mushrooms and cook for 2 more minutes.
- add dressing, tomatoes and artichokes and cook for 1 minute to heat through.
- add spinach and cook for 1 minute stiring constantly.
- throw in chicken and noodles and toss!
- sprinkle with parmesan cheese and enjoy!
This was great! As I was making it my husband was eating it, so you know it's good!!
This was WONDERFUL! Even my 10 year old daughter loved it. Everyone begged me to make more for lunches today!