These are easily whipped up and you can make up extra parcels to freeze for cooking up later.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 150 g spinach, chopped (frozen is OK)
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1 cup spring onion
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 8 medium mushrooms, chopped (tinned champignons = OK)
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock powder
- 200 ml cream
- 1 cup grated cheese
- phyllo pastry or puff pastry sheet
- 1Slice the chicken into strips lengthwise, approx 15mm thick (like for a stir-fry).
- 2Melt the butter in a deep frypan or saucepan, adding the chicken, eschalot, mushrooms and pepper.
- 3Saute lightly for around 3 minutes.
- 4Add the flour and mix well.
- 5Add the spinach, cream and chicken stock powder.
- 6Heat it til the sauce thickens, then add the cheese and remove from the heat and allow it to get quite cool. (You can do this step early, let it sit in the fridge and assemble the parcels later on).
- 7Layer 3 sheets of filo, slice in half, and spoon about 2 tblsp of mixture onto one end of the filo stack, then roll up like a spring roll, tucking the ends inches
- 8Spray lightly with oil, sprinkle with sesame/poppy seeds and bake in a hot oven for around 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Spinach Parcels
Serving Size: 1 (1230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.5
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 99.8 mg
- Sodium 281.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 25.7 g