Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are easily whipped up and you can make up extra parcels to freeze for cooking up later.
Make and share this Chicken Spinach Parcels recipe from Food.com.
- 500 g skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 150 g spinach, chopped (frozen is OK)
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1 cup spring onion
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 8 medium mushrooms, chopped (tinned champignons = OK)
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock powder
- 200 ml cream
- 1 cup grated cheese
- phyllo pastry or puff pastry sheet
- Slice the chicken into strips lengthwise, approx 15mm thick (like for a stir-fry).
- Melt the butter in a deep frypan or saucepan, adding the chicken, eschalot, mushrooms and pepper.
- Saute lightly for around 3 minutes.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Add the spinach, cream and chicken stock powder.
- Heat it til the sauce thickens, then add the cheese and remove from the heat and allow it to get quite cool. (You can do this step early, let it sit in the fridge and assemble the parcels later on).
- Layer 3 sheets of filo, slice in half, and spoon about 2 tblsp of mixture onto one end of the filo stack, then roll up like a spring roll, tucking the ends inches
- Spray lightly with oil, sprinkle with sesame/poppy seeds and bake in a hot oven for around 20 minutes.
My kids ask for these all the time - we all love them. I get around 12 triangle parcels - which feeds us for 2 nights. Fantastic!