Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Basically a creamy lasagna made with chicken, chopped spinach, mushrooms & cheese. You can prepare this in a deep quiche' dish by breaking up the noodles if you want a more formal presentation.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 (6 ounce) skinless chicken breasts (diced chicken breasts)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms (sliced fresh baby portobello recommended)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°. Drain spinach well, pressing between paper towels.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; add chicken and mushrooms, and onion. Sauté 10 minutes or until chicken is done and mushrooms are tender. Remove from heat. Stir in cream cheese, spinach, soup, and remaining ingredients, fold in cheese.
- Spoon 1/4 of chicken mixture in a lightly greased 8- x 8-inch baking dish. Arrange 2 noodles on top of mixture. Repeat layers twice; top with remaining chicken mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 45 minutes; uncover and bake 15 minutes or until bubbly.
This was a great recipe! We even enjoyed the left overs!
TAsted terrific! My husband and I both enjoyed this. I like different lasagnas. Very good recipe.