Recipe by Chef Toujours
I LOVE Italian/pasta foods; however, I am NOT a fan of ricotta and cottage cheese! So, unfortunately there are times when I see something I really want to try but don't not knowing, OR knowing, what cheeses were used. So, after seeing this item at an Italian restaurant (which I didn't order because it contained ricotta cheese) I decided to create my own version by "borrowing" bits and pieces of recipes to create this dish...a DEFINITE family favorite! ENJOY =)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 6 ounces Baby Spinach (finely chopped)
- 8 ounces KRAFT Shredded Three Cheese with a Touch of PHILADELPHIA
- 10 ounces Philadelphia Original Cooking Creme or 10 ounces Philadelphia Savory Garlic Cooking Creme
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 -3 stalks green onions (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 garlic cloves (omit if using the Low-Fat Garlic cooking creme)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces manicotti (14 noodles)
- 15 ounces classico low-fat alfredo sauce (also good with regular sauce)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine all ingredients (top 12 items) in large mixing bowl. Cook manicotti “per package directions” (I actually cook the manicotti for about a minute to a minute and a half LESS than what is directed for a firmer noodle – easier to stuff!). Drain and rinse pasta with cool water.
- Spray 2 – 13 x 9 casseroles w/cooking spray and place well-stuffed manicotti in casseroles.
- Coat manicotti with Alfredo sauce.
- Garnish with additional Parmesan and red pepper flakes if desired.
- Cover casseroles with foil and bake at 400 oF for 30 minutes.