Recipe by MARIA MAC *
This is in this month's Redbook and is a Tricia Yearwood recipe. It looked so good. Putting it here for safekeeping. NOTE. i have made this twice since posting and love it!
Top Review by Candace Michelle 2
Made this for dinner tonight! Wonderful!!!! The only thing I did differently was to use fresh mushrooms & spinach. I sauteed them with the onions to bring out their full flavor. I also added a dash of rosemary to the water that I boiled the chicken in. Thanks for a yummy & easy recipe!
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, chicken, cheddar cheese, onion, cornstarch, salt, pepper, soy sauce, soup, sour cream, mushrooms and mayonnaise.
- Put a layer of noodles in the bottom of a greased (9x13x2 inch) lasagna pan.
- Spread half of the spinach mixture over noodles.
- Place another layer of noodles on top and cover with remaining spinach mixture.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese, then pecans on top.
- Bake for 1 hour.