Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Really, really morish! Very nice served with a tossed green leafy salad!, and a glass of your favourite Chardonnay! The times I have given both for the preparation and cooking of this dish are approximate only. This dish is even nicer served the next day!
- fresh fettuccine
- 500 g diced chicken
- garlic pepper seasoning
- 2 bunches spinach, washed,stems removed,cooked and roughly chopped
- 200 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup romano cheese
- 1 pint ricotta cheese
- grated nutmeg (to taste)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pint sour cream (reg. or lite)
- Season the diced chicken well with Garlic-Pepper seasoning and gently pan fry until cooked.
- Set aside.
- Cook the Spinach in the usual way, drain WELL, and roughly chop.
- Add to the cooked spinach: the finely chopped onion, Feta cheese, grated Parmesan (or Romano) cheese, Ricotta cheese, salt and pepper and a good'dash' of nutmeg.
- Combine the chicken and the spinach mixture.
- Heat a small amount of butter and Olive Oil on low heat in a pan and add the Chicken Spinach mixture.
- Stir the sour cream vigourously and add (to the Chicken Spinach mixture).
- Stir well.
- If the sauce appears a little to thick, thin it down with either a little milk, water or better still- some white wine!
- Cook the Fettuccini in the usual way until'Al Dente' and serve with Chicken Spinach sauce spooned over the top!
Oh, Karin, you have a winner with this recipe. I really, really enjoyed making this dish and eating it. I thought the 3 cheeses with the spinach were great, then...add the nutmeg, and WoW! Guests were impressed. Thanks for sharing a wonderful addition to my T&T recipe book.
I didn't have garlic and pepper seasoning, so I just mixed some garlic powder and fresh ground pepper and used that instead, I just kept adding it till it tasted about right for our taste . Excellent pasta dish that we have enjoyed several times.