Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I am inventing this as I go, and I am making it tonight. Sounds yummy, doesn't it? :) I included the rising in the prep time.
- 1⁄4 ounce active dry yeast (one package)
- 1 cup warm water (105 F - 115 F)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 (15 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, drained
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, grilled and diced
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, reconstituted and diced small
- 1⁄2 bell pepper
- 1⁄4 medium white onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup canned mushroom, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces feta, crumbled
- 8 ounces aged cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Prepare pizza dough 2-3 hours ahead of time.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in a warmed mixing bowl (I use a standing KitchenAid mixer).
- Add salt and flour to mixture and mix with dough hook on speed 2 until dough forms a ball and pulls away from sides of the bowl. Mix on speed two for an additional 2 minutes.
- Place dough in a greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover with a damp towel and let sit in a warm area without a draft for 2 hours or until doubled in size.
- After it has risen munch it down and then spread the dough over a greased 14-inch or larger pizza pan.
- To make the sauce, combine stewed tomatoes, peppers and garlic in a food processor and puree until they have reached a desired consistency. Strain out excess moisture and spread over dough.
- Make sure that your spinach is well drained by squeezing out any excess water with paper towels. Spread over pizza, followed by remaining vegetables, chicken and finally the cheeses. Brush crust with olive oil.
- Bake at 400 F or until crust is browned and cheese is bubbly.