Top Review by Rita M
This is GREAT!! I bought the corn tortillas instead of flour and I was in search of a recipe so I caould use them and I found this one. Everyone loved it, use froozen spinach as one other perosn did. I will make this again and again. I'm glad I bought the wrong tortillas.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 lb washed and chopped fresh spinach
- 1 large chopped yellow onion
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup sour cream (fat free works fine)
- 2 cups chopped green chilies (canned ones are fine)
- 12 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 12 ounces grated monterey jack cheese
- 10 -12 6-inch corn tortillas
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Poach the chicken breasts 15-20 minutes in a saucepan with enough water to cover chicken.
- Allow the chicken breasts to cool.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces, and set aside.
- Melt margarine in a large pan, and saute onion.
- Add spinach to the pan and cover allowing spinach to steam in the pan 5-10 minutes.
- Add the chilies, sour cream, chicken, cumin and garlic powder.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Line a greased casserole dish with a layer of tortillas, cover tortillas with a layer of chicken filling followed by a layer of cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack chees.
- Continue layering in this manner ending with a layer of tortillas covered by a layer of cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.