Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I came up with this recipe when I was 15. It's quick and easy to make. Your family will love it, mine does.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 226.79 g cream cheese
- 226.79 g frozen spinach
- 1 small chopped white onion
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 2 whole finely chopped carrots (you can use a food processor)
- 0.25 ml pepper
- 0.25 ml salt (optional)
- 283.49 g package crescent roll dough
- Cook the chicken for 8 mins in microwave.
- Chop cooked chicken. Set aside.
- Warm cream cheese until soft;.
- add cooked spinach.
- Mix well with cream cheese.
- Add garlic powder, carrots, and dash of pepper and salt.
- Add chicken, mix well, lay in baking dish,.
- smooth out.
- Place dough on top of mixture. make sure that dough covers whole dish.
- Pinch seams together.
- Follow baking instructions on crescent roll package.
This was very tasty! I had all the ingredients on hand except the carrots but had a can of mushrooms (which sounded like a nice addition) so I used them instead. Also used chicken thighs instead of breast because I had them to use. I pre-cooked the spinach in the microwave, drained out some of the extra liquid and then mixed in the cheese which softened the cheese easily. I used about 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper and I think thyme or italian seasoning would be nice additions to this. Baked at 375Â°Â for 18 min. I will keep this recipe in mind the next time I have leftover cooked chicken to use. Thanks!
It was easy to make, but hubby and I felt that it reminded us of a spinach dip, not a casserole.<br/>Would not make again. It tasted better reheated.
didn't like this recipe.