Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
In 'Quick-Fix Southern' by Rebecca Lang
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup pickled jalapeno pepper, diced
- 4 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 18 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly spray two 9 x 13 inch baking dishes with nonstick cooking spray.
- Remove the skin from the chicken and pull the meat off the bone.
- Use your fingers to shred the meat by pulling it apart in strips.
- Stir together the chicken, spinach, tomatoes and green chilies, cottage cheese, sour cream, salt, jalapenos, and 1 1/2 cups cheese in a large mixing bowl.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of the mixture down the center of each flour tortilla.
- Roll up and place, seam side down, in the prepared baking dishes.
- Sprinkle half of the remaining cheese (1 1/4 cups per casserole) on top of each dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.