Savory crepe recipe using healthy veggies, tasty gorgonzola and sharp cheddar cheeses, and chicken. Topped with an easy version of Hollandaise sauce.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 12 ounces Baby Spinach
- 12 ounces broccoli
- 16 ounces chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 1⁄2 cup gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2⁄3 cup cream
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For filling:.
- Heat 1 T. oil in a large skillet or wok.
- Add the garlic and the broccoli and stir fry until broccoli is crisp tender.
- Add the onion powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the baby spinach and continue to stir fry until the spinach all wilts.
- In a large bowl combine the cooked broccoli and spinach with the chicken, gorgonzola, 14/c. of the cheddar.
- Beat one egg and combine with the chicken mixture.
- For crepes:
- Combine flour, milk, eggs, 1 t. vegetable oil, and 1/4 t. of salt.
- Heat a 10 inch skillet and coat with cooking spray.
- Pour in about 1/4 cup batter; lift and tilt skillet to spread thinly and evenly.
- Return to heat and brown lightly on both sides.
- Slide crepe onto plate.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Spoon the chicken mixture along the center of crepe and roll, placing the crepes side by side into a 13X9X2 baking dish.
- When all the crepes are in the dish, sprinkle remaining cheddar on top.
- Bake 20 minutes in preheated oven.
- While crepes are baking, in a small saucepan over low heat combine 4 egg yolks, 2/3 cup cream, 1 t. salt, and the juice of one lemon.
- Stir until mixture begins to thicken.
- Remove from the heat and stir in butter.
- When crepes are finished baking, serve immediately with the Hollandaise sauce spooned over top.