1/1 Photo of Chicken Spinach Bake
1 hr 5 mins
I'd have to categorize this recipe as sheer comfort food. It is creamy, taste-soothing goodness packed with healthy options of low-fat chicken breast, reduced fat cream cheese, and healthy spinach. And it's super easy to prepare and baked for just about an hour. The results are as pleasing to the eye as to the taste buds.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, uncooked
- 1 (8 ounce) package low-fat cream cheese
- 8 ounces nonfat sour cream
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 ounce Lipton Recipe Secrets savory herb with garlic soup mix or 1 ounce lipton recipe secrets vegetable soup and dip mix
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1The evening before making this dish, allow spinach to thaw and drain in the fridge for 12-24 hours. After it thaws, press remaining water out and assemble the ingredients.
- 2In medium saucepan over medium heat combine cream cheese, sour cream, Lipton soup and dip mix, and thawed and drained spinach.
- 3Heat just until these ingredients begin to melt together. It doesn't have to be warmed all the way through or blended perfectly.
- 4Place boneless chicken breasts on bottom of casserole. Cube the chicken if you'd like but I prefer to leave them whole.
- 5Pour cream cheese/spinach/soup mixture over the chicken.
- 6Place in a 350° oven on center rack.
- 7Bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
- 8Remove from oven and turn on broiler.
- 9Sprinkle the casserole with grated cheddar and return to broiler just until browned.
- 10For best results, remove from oven and let the casserole rest for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Spinach Bake
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 499.1
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 187.2 mg
- Sodium 511.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 65.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Lipton Recipe Secrets savory herb with garlic soup mix