I'd have to categorize this recipe as sheer comfort food. It is creamy, taste-soothing goodness packed with healthy options of low-fat chicken breast, reduced fat cream cheese, and healthy spinach. And it's super easy to prepare and baked for just about an hour. The results are as pleasing to the eye as to the taste buds.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, uncooked
- 1 (8 ounce) package low-fat cream cheese
- 8 ounces nonfat sour cream
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 ounce Lipton Recipe Secrets savory herb with garlic soup mix or 1 ounce lipton recipe secrets vegetable soup and dip mix
- 1⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- The evening before making this dish, allow spinach to thaw and drain in the fridge for 12-24 hours. After it thaws, press remaining water out and assemble the ingredients.
- In medium saucepan over medium heat combine cream cheese, sour cream, Lipton soup and dip mix, and thawed and drained spinach.
- Heat just until these ingredients begin to melt together. It doesn't have to be warmed all the way through or blended perfectly.
- Place boneless chicken breasts on bottom of casserole. Cube the chicken if you'd like but I prefer to leave them whole.
- Pour cream cheese/spinach/soup mixture over the chicken.
- Place in a 350° oven on center rack.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn on broiler.
- Sprinkle the casserole with grated cheddar and return to broiler just until browned.
- For best results, remove from oven and let the casserole rest for at least 10 minutes before serving.