Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My daughter doesn't spend much time cooking because her husband is soooo picky - he just doesn't like anything! But, shock!! She made this salad for a party and he ate it...and had seconds. Hmmm...
- 170.09 g rotini pasta
- 59.14 ml sesame seeds
- 118.29 ml salad oil
- 78.07 ml soy sauce
- 78.07 ml white wine vinegar
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 709.77 ml cooked chicken, cooled, shredded
- 118.29 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 118.29 ml green onion, sliced
- 1892.72 ml baby spinach leaves
- 118.29 ml almonds
- Boil pasta in salted water as directed on the package.
- Drain, rinse, drain.
- Put pasta in a large bowl.
- In a small frying pan, combine the sesame seeds and 1/4 cup of the oil.
- Cook over med-low heat until seeds are golden (about 2 minutes).
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Stir in remaining oil, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the cooked pasta.
- Add chicken and toss gently.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, add parsley, onion and spinach and toss gently.