Recipe by CaribbeanQueen
My daughter doesn't spend much time cooking because her husband is soooo picky - he just doesn't like anything! But, shock!! She made this salad for a party and he ate it...and had seconds. Hmmm...
- 6 ounces rotini pasta
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cooled, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 8 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄2 cup almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil pasta in salted water as directed on the package.
- Drain, rinse, drain.
- Put pasta in a large bowl.
- In a small frying pan, combine the sesame seeds and 1/4 cup of the oil.
- Cook over med-low heat until seeds are golden (about 2 minutes).
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Stir in remaining oil, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the cooked pasta.
- Add chicken and toss gently.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, add parsley, onion and spinach and toss gently.