1/6 Photos of Chicken, Spinach, and Pasta
Andi of Longmeadow Farm's Note:
As "Daisy Mae", (one of our mother cow's) ran beside me on the other side of the fence, softly reminding that I needed to get her fresh grain, I looked at her very sweet face, the twinkle in her eye, and was doubly reminded I also need to get home, and swiftly too. I needed to get some type of great tasting chow on the table to feed the family as they were about to start streaming in through the back door at any moment. A wonderful, simple treat of a dish to enjoy sitting down next to your dog or cat, and just letting this dish take you away from the worry and stress of the world.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 24 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (can use more or not at all)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh spinach (can use frozen)
- 1 cup penne pasta (cooked)
- 1Heat oven to 400°F.
- 2Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Rub the chicken with the cumin, cayenne, and salt. Toss in skillet and cook until browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a baking sheet and roast until cooked through, 6 to 7 minutes.
- 4While skillet is warmed add medium heat and add the remaining tablespoon of oil. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring, until soft, 5 minutes.
- 5If frozen cook spinach in microwave till warmed. If fresh add spinach directly to the skillet along with salt and pepper to taste. Cook, tossing, until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 6Add pasta in with vegetables warming them, and you can either toss the chicken in with this, or serve the chicken separately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken, Spinach, and Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (356 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 393.4
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 108.8 mg
- Sodium 378.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 41.3 g