Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
My spin on an Atheno's recipe. I added the chicken cuz I gotta have a little meat! Very rich and yummy dish. Shells are easier to fill when their cool rather than hot and cooked to just al dente. Serve with salad and garlic bread! Enjoy!
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
- 3⁄4 cup chicken, shredded (I use rotisserie chicken for more flavor!)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package feta cheese, crumbled and divided
- 20 large shell macaroni, cooked to al dente, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 26 ounces spaghetti sauce
- Toss hot, cooked pasta with butter. Let pasta cool while making the filling.
- In a large bowl combine spinach, chicken, ricotta, 3/4 of the feta, garlic, oregano, and pepper.
- Pour 1/4 jar of spaghetti sauce into a greased 2 quart casserole dish and spread around to coat bottom of dish.
- Stuff shells with mixture and place on top of sauce in casserole dish.
- Spoon remaining sauce over shells. Top with remaining feta.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Nice pasta dish, KPD! I sauteed some chicken (sprinkled with Good Season's). This would be good also with a white sauce. Thanks for posting. Roxygirl