Posted in response to a forum discussion courtesy of Olive Garden. Marinating time not included in prep time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 large red bell peppers
- 2 large green bell peppers
- 1 large yellow onion
- 24 8-inch bamboo skewers, soaked in water in the refrigerator overnight
- 1/4 cup pure olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
Spiedino Dipping Sauce
- 1For the dipping sauce:.
- 2Mix all ingredients together just until blended.
- 3Chill 1-2 hours to blend flavors.
- 4For the marinade:.
- 5Whirl in blender and chill until needed.
- 6Pound the chicken breast between sheets of waxed paper until an even thickness of 3/16 inch overall.
- 7Cut the chicken breast meat into 1 inch squares and add to the marinade, covering completely.
- 8Allow to marinate for two hours, refrigerated.
- 9Remove from the marinade after two hours and drain and discard marinade.
- 10While the chicken is marinating, wash the bell peppers and cut into one-half by one inch pieces, to ensure proper cooking.
- 11Cut the onions into half-inch by one inch pieces and separated into individual layers.
- 12Assemble the Spiedies in the following order: red bell pepper, onion, chicken (folded into C shape on the skewer), green bell pepper, onion, chicken (C shape), alternately, finishing with a red pepper strip after the fourth piece of chicken on each skewer.
- 13Spread the skewered items out on each skewer, so they will cook evenly and quickly.
- 14Place the Spiedies on a grill or a griddle and cook approximately one minute per side, turning four times.
- 15Serve immediately with Spiedino (Spiedies) dipping sauce, about 1/4 cup per serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Spiedino - Spiedies - Speedies
Serving Size: 1 (364 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 422.3
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 76.0 mg
- Sodium 579.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 28.5 g