Recipe by mollypaul
Posted in response to a forum discussion courtesy of Olive Garden. Marinating time not included in prep time.
Top Review by NYAmy
So yummy! I made half with London broil and half with chicken breast. Used the same marinade for both (except oil) and marinated for 3 days. I had run out of olive oil after the first batch and used canola oil in the second batch. Couldn't tell the difference. Very tender, juicy and flavorful. They were a hit at our Fourth of July BBQ. Thank you Molly!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 large red bell peppers
- 2 large green bell peppers
- 1 large yellow onion
- 24 8-inch bamboo skewers, soaked in water in the refrigerator overnight
- 1⁄4 cup pure olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
Spiedino Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- For the dipping sauce:.
- Mix all ingredients together just until blended.
- Chill 1-2 hours to blend flavors.
- For the marinade:.
- Whirl in blender and chill until needed.
- Pound the chicken breast between sheets of waxed paper until an even thickness of 3/16 inch overall.
- Cut the chicken breast meat into 1 inch squares and add to the marinade, covering completely.
- Allow to marinate for two hours, refrigerated.
- Remove from the marinade after two hours and drain and discard marinade.
- While the chicken is marinating, wash the bell peppers and cut into one-half by one inch pieces, to ensure proper cooking.
- Cut the onions into half-inch by one inch pieces and separated into individual layers.
- Assemble the Spiedies in the following order: red bell pepper, onion, chicken (folded into C shape on the skewer), green bell pepper, onion, chicken (C shape), alternately, finishing with a red pepper strip after the fourth piece of chicken on each skewer.
- Spread the skewered items out on each skewer, so they will cook evenly and quickly.
- Place the Spiedies on a grill or a griddle and cook approximately one minute per side, turning four times.
- Serve immediately with Spiedino (Spiedies) dipping sauce, about 1/4 cup per serving.