Recipe by Claire de Luna
This is a "knock-off" of a dish from one of our favorite Italian restaurants. The prep time does not include marinating the chicken overnight. Most excellent served with Alfredo sauce and Artichoke hearts!
Top Review by ajean
The whole family loved this! Didn't remember to marinate the chicken over night so I just did it in the morning and it was still GREAT! Cooked the chicken in olive oil and added a little Italian blend cheese to the noodles.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice (fresh)
- 1 cup of loose basil leaves (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper (crushed)
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- fettuccine pasta or penne pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash chicken and cut each breast into 8 pieces (cubes or chunks).
- Mix olive oil with lemon, fresh diced basil, garlic, red pepper flakes, black pepper and salt.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of oil mixture.
- Marinate chicken in remaining oil mixture in the refrigerator overnight.
- --NEXT DAY-- Bring water to a boil for pasta.
- Drain the chicken and roll the chunks in a mixture of breadcrumbs, dried basil, oregano and Parmesan cheese.
- Skewer and put chicken on the grill, turning until done; or fry the chicken in olive oil until browned on all sides.
- Toss the cooked fettuccine noodles or penne with the reserved oil mixture and serve.