Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This rub makes chicken unbelieveably tender, moist and tasty. For best flavor refrigerate the spiced chicken overnight.
- 1 tablespoon salt or 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt or 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sweet Hungarian paprika or 1 tablespoon hot paprika (or a combination, I used hot)
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Rub all over chicken.
- Refrigerate chicken for at least one hour or preferably overnight.
- Grill or bake as usual.
- Enough spice for one large chicken, 4 large chicken breasts on the bone or 2 cornish hens.
Thanks for a great spice rub! I left out the sugar, but that's just my personal prefenence. I also used a little smoked paprika in combination wil sweet Hungarian. Delicious mix of ingredients. Will be making up some more of this to keep on hand.