Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the 1989 edition of our church cookbook. My mom made this recipe several times when I was in my late teens and still living at home. I made sure when I left that I had the recipe and lost it several months ago! I now have it again and am posting it before I have a chance to lose it again. It's nothing too fancy, but I like it!
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend
- 4 cups chicken, cooked & chopped
- 2 (16 ounce) cans French style green beans, drained
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) jar water chestnuts
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Combine rice and all other ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Spoon into a greased 3 quart casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- serves 8-10.