Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
One day I felt like making a nice mexican rice dish and came up with this one. The soysauce adds a little kick to the final result.
- 2 chicken breasts (depends on how many you plan to feed)
- 1 package of la preferida Spanish rice
- 1 2⁄3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt (or more to taste)
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of hot Mexican chili powder
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 teaspoons Kikkoman soy sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons taco sauce
- First cut up the chicken breasts into small cubes or slices.
- Place then in a ziploc baggie.
- Add the 3 teaspoons of soysauce.
- Squeeze the chicken and sauce sauce around so the soysauce just lightly penetrates into the chicken.
- Place in a medium skillet.
- Add the season salt, garlic powder, chili powder, and crushed red pepper.
- Cook chicken breast for 5 to 10 minutes on a medium flame or setting, or until cook through.
- Meanwhile: In a medium saucepan bring the 1 and 2/3 cups of water to a boil.
- Add the contents of the rice pouch into the water.
- Bring back to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to stand, covered for 8 minutes.
- When the chicken and rice are finshed, mix the chicken into the saucpan with the completed rice.
- Top with rice and taco sauce.
- Add more seasoning if wished.