One day I felt like making a nice mexican rice dish and came up with this one. The soysauce adds a little kick to the final result.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 chicken breasts (depends on how many you plan to feed)
- 1 package of la preferida Spanish rice
- 1 2/3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt (or more to taste)
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of hot Mexican chili powder
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 teaspoons Kikkoman soy sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons taco sauce
- 1First cut up the chicken breasts into small cubes or slices.
- 2Place then in a ziploc baggie.
- 3Add the 3 teaspoons of soysauce.
- 4Squeeze the chicken and sauce sauce around so the soysauce just lightly penetrates into the chicken.
- 5Place in a medium skillet.
- 6Add the season salt, garlic powder, chili powder, and crushed red pepper.
- 7Cook chicken breast for 5 to 10 minutes on a medium flame or setting, or until cook through.
- 8Meanwhile: In a medium saucepan bring the 1 and 2/3 cups of water to a boil.
- 9Add the contents of the rice pouch into the water.
- 10Bring back to a boil.
- 11Reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer for 3 minutes.
- 12Remove from heat and allow to stand, covered for 8 minutes.
- 13When the chicken and rice are finshed, mix the chicken into the saucpan with the completed rice.
- 14Top with rice and taco sauce.
- 15Add more seasoning if wished.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Spanish Rice
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 504.6
- Calories from Fat 296
- Total Fat 32.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 152.1 mg
- Sodium 1092.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 46.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Lawry's Seasoned Salt