Prep 50 mins
Cook 0 mins
A quick and easy way to prepare chicken without a huge mess.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup uncooked rice, not instant
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 3 ounces diced green chilies
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, for garnish
- In large skillet heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add rice and onion and cook stirring occasionally until onion is tender.
- Sitr in remaining ingredients, except for chicken, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, place chicken pieces on top of rice. Cover skillet.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until rice is tender and chicken is cooked.
- May be garnished with shredded cheddar cheese, if desired.