Recipe by Renee K
This is not "Italian style" - no tomatoes or Italian seasonings. It's really delicious...creamy and cheesy with a cruncy topping. My husband's ex-wife gave this recipe to me and I've thanked her many times!
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, Chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb thin spaghetti, broken into pieces
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups French fried onion rings (such as Durkee's or French's)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cook spaghetti in a pot of boiling water until just tender, about 7 - 8 minutes. Drain in colander.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onions, chicken pieces and garlic.
- Sautee until chicken is lightly browned on all sides. Remove from heat.
- Mix all three soups together, along with a cup of water. Add spaghetti and chicken (make sure to scrape the pan and get all those juicy pieces).
- Pour into a 13" x 9" casserole dish.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Cook 30 - 35 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Add onion rings and cook another 10 minutes, or until lightly browned and crunchy.