Renee K's Note:
This is not "Italian style" - no tomatoes or Italian seasonings. It's really delicious...creamy and cheesy with a cruncy topping. My husband's ex-wife gave this recipe to me and I've thanked her many times!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, Chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb thin spaghetti, broken into pieces
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups French fried onion rings (such as Durkee's or French's)
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Cook spaghetti in a pot of boiling water until just tender, about 7 - 8 minutes. Drain in colander.
- 3Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat.
- 4Add onions, chicken pieces and garlic.
- 5Sautee until chicken is lightly browned on all sides. Remove from heat.
- 6Mix all three soups together, along with a cup of water. Add spaghetti and chicken (make sure to scrape the pan and get all those juicy pieces).
- 7Pour into a 13" x 9" casserole dish.
- 8Top with mozzarella cheese.
- 9Cook 30 - 35 minutes, or until bubbly.
- 10Add onion rings and cook another 10 minutes, or until lightly browned and crunchy.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Spaghetti With French Fried Onion Topping
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 492.9
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 63.4 mg
- Sodium 986.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 33.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
French fried onion rings