Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
One of our favorite fast-to-fix meals - from my Best of Country Cooking Cookbook collection. Busy moms can't get enough of these and when it tastes as good as this, I'll make it often.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1⁄2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 -6 cups cooked spaghetti
- Cut chicken into 1/2" strips.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of oil; stir-fry chicken until no longer pink, about 6-8 minutes.
- Remove and keep warm; drain drippings.
- Add remaining oil to skillet; saute green pepper, onion and garlic until tender.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, mushrooms and seasonings; bring to a boil.
- Return chicken to the pan and heat through. Serve over spaghetti.
- Yield: 4-6 servings.