Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe I got from a cook who made this for my teacher friends at an Elementary School in Bryan, TX. Every time the cooks made it the teachers lined up like pigs to the trough. It is pure comfort food. You can easily reduce the fat by using low fat soups and cheeses like I do.
- 1 (8 ounce) package spaghetti
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives
- 1 (4 ounce) jarsliced pimento pepper, drained
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 lb processed cheese (Velveeta, 1/2 inch cubes)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1.) Cook pasta in large pot of boiling water until al dente.
- 2.) Saute onion, celery, and bell pepper in 1 tsp oil until tender.
- 3.) Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Stir gently to combine.
- 4.) Pour mixture into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking pan. You can freeze it at this point to cook at a later date.
- 5.) Bake covered with foil @ 350 degrees F. for 15 minutes.
- 6.) Uncover and continue baking additional 15 minutes.
- 7.) Remove from oven and rest 5 minutes before serving.
This was very tasty. I will make again for sure. I sautéed chicken tenders for this. I used red bell pepper in place of green peppers. Next time I will add a can of black beans rinsed and drained.