Recipe by KPD
This is a nice quick spaghetti sauce that tastes like it's been cooking all day! You can adjust the heat by adding more red pepper flakes or adding Serrano peppers like I do! This is from my Hotter Than Hell Cookbook. Recipe would also be good with Italian Sausage instead of chicken. Enjoy!
- 8 ounces spiral shaped pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (24 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, diced
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, saute onions, garlic and mushrooms in butter over medium heat.
- Stir in salt, peppers, and spaghetti sauce and bring to a boil.
- Add cooked pasta and chicken to sauce. Combine well.
- Pour mixture in a greased 2-quart casserole dish. Top casserole with cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered for 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees.