Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Cooked turkey may be substituted for the chicken if desired.
- 4 -6 ounces spaghetti, broken in half
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (to taste)
- 1 cup canned mushroom slices, drained (optional)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained and cut up
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and cut into cubes
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, partially thawed
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- cheddar cheese (optional)
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a 3-quart casserole dish.
- Cook spaghetti until just al dente; drain and rinse under cold water then set aside.
- In a large frypan or Dutch oven fry the chopped bacon with onion and garlic until the bacon is crisp then blend in flour.
- Add in undrained tomatoes, soup and milk; cook and mix until thickened and bubbly.
- Add in the Velveeta cheese; stir until melted.
- Add in the cooked spaghetti, cubed chicken, mushrooms (if using) and peas; mix to combine.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered for about 40-45 minutes.
- If desired sprinkle grated cheddar or mozzeralla on top of the casserole the last 15-20 minutes of baking.
I tried this recipe 2 years ago and made it for guests. I always get asked to make it. I had to come back on here and search for 30min to find it,