Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
An easy creamy casserole to put on the table in no time if you have the chicken already made and ready! My kid loves it!
- 2 quarts water
- 1 (3 lb) whole chicken
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (7 ounce) package spaghetti
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (16 ounce) loaf Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Bring water and chicken to a boil in a Dutch oven; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes or until done.
- Remove chicken, reserving broth in pot, and cool to touch.
- Skin and bone chicken; cut into bite-size pieces.
- Set aside.
- Bring reserved broth, bell pepper, and next 3 ingredients to a boil.
- Add spaghetti, and boil 6 to 8 minutes or until tender.
- Drain, reserving 1 cup broth in pot.
- Add spaghetti, soup, and cheese spread to broth; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until cheese melts.
- Stir in chicken, and pour into a lightly greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and sprinkle with Cheddar cheese.
- Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese melts.
My family loved this recipe. It was even better the next day.
I made this last night and it was so good. I added a roasted red pepper to the mixture and my chicken was already cooked.Thanks for posting. Next time Ii make it I will take the time to take a picture. Rita
This was an excellent dish, loved the flavor. The only thing I added was green chillis and bacon I had cooked for another dish. Everyone just raved and raved about it. Thanks