Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have searched for years for a chicken spaghetti recipe that my children liked; most were too runny. This is a casserole with a bit of heat from the Rotel tomatoes. Even my flavor/cooking challenged eldest daughter loves this.
- 453.59 g cooked spaghetti
- 2 (609.51 g) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (566.99 g) canoriginal Rotel Tomatoes
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 2 (77.96 g) packagemccormick's spaghetti sauce mix (dry in envelope)
- 4.92 ml garlic salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 78.07 ml chopped green pepper (I used more, and even added some red bell pepper just because I had some on hand)
- 118.29 ml chopped onion (I use about 3/4 c)
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese
- 5 chicken breasts, boiled and cut into bite sized pieces (could use thighs and breasts)
- Break spaghetti in half or thirds, and cook spaghetti and drain.
- Mix with rest of ingredients EXCEPT cheese.
- Spread in large, sprayed pan.
- Distribute cheese over top.
- Bake at 350 covered for 45 minutes, uncovered for 15 minutes.
This is very good and very easy to make. I followed the recipe exaclty except that I added more cheese. It is a five star recipe, however, it is a bit to spicey for children (at least my children). I ended up having to open a can of spaghettios for my three and six year old. In the future I will make this with only one can of rotel and one can of diced tomatoes to help with the spice. Made for PAC Fall 2008. I just have to add to this review. I just had left overs for lunch. Man this taste even better the next day.
This was delicious! It does have a kick from the rotel, however I used one mild and one original rotel to help lessen the heat. I also use deli rotisserie chicken. I will definately be making again.
my family love it so much . my two girl want it all the time. thank you.