Recipe by mammamia #2
I have searched for years for a chicken spaghetti recipe that my children liked; most were too runny. This is a casserole with a bit of heat from the Rotel tomatoes. Even my flavor/cooking challenged eldest daughter loves this.
Top Review by seesko
This is very good and very easy to make. I followed the recipe exaclty except that I added more cheese. It is a five star recipe, however, it is a bit to spicey for children (at least my children). I ended up having to open a can of spaghettios for my three and six year old. In the future I will make this with only one can of rotel and one can of diced tomatoes to help with the spice. Made for PAC Fall 2008. I just have to add to this review. I just had left overs for lunch. Man this taste even better the next day.
- 1 lb cooked spaghetti
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (10 ounce) cansoriginal Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 (1 3/8 ounce) packagesmccormick's spaghetti sauce mix (dry in envelope)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green pepper (I used more, and even added some red bell pepper just because I had some on hand)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion (I use about 3/4 c)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 5 chicken breasts, boiled and cut into bite sized pieces (could use thighs and breasts)