I have searched for years for a chicken spaghetti recipe that my children liked; most were too runny. This is a casserole with a bit of heat from the Rotel tomatoes. Even my flavor/cooking challenged eldest daughter loves this.
- 1 lb cooked spaghetti
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (10 ounce) cansoriginal Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 (1 3/8 ounce) packagesmccormick's spaghetti sauce mix (dry in envelope)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green pepper (I used more, and even added some red bell pepper just because I had some on hand)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion (I use about 3/4 c)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 5 chicken breasts, boiled and cut into bite sized pieces (could use thighs and breasts)
- Break spaghetti in half or thirds, and cook spaghetti and drain.
- Mix with rest of ingredients EXCEPT cheese.
- Spread in large, sprayed pan.
- Distribute cheese over top.
- Bake at 350 covered for 45 minutes, uncovered for 15 minutes.