Recipe by abbydabby
This is a variation of a recipe I found online. I use fat free cheeses to reduce fat/calories but to keep a cheesy flavor in the dish. When cooking chicken - use cooking spray rather than oil/butter to keep calories/fat lower.
Top Review by mersaydees
What a simple casserole. Mine came out a bit like soup because I subbed 10 ounces of shirataki (tofu) noodles so I would use 20 ounces next time because I'm thinking that 12 ounces of regular pasta probably swells to 20 ounces after boiling in water. Also, the chicken is easier to cube after you cook it (most of you probably already know this!). Otherwise, made as directed. DH really liked this served with Chalula hot sauce and sprinkled with grated Parmesan cheese. Thanks, abbydabby! Made for Bargain Basement tag game.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed and cooked
- 12 ounces spaghetti, halved and cooked
- 6 slices fat-free American cheese
- 8 ounces fat-free ricotta cheese
- 10 ounces fat free chicken broth
- 8 ounces low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 12 ounces tomatoes, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook spaghetti and chicken separately - set aside.
- Mix broth, mushroom soup and tomatoes.
- Grease casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Layer ingredients - spaghetti, kraft singles, chichen, ricotta, tomatoe mixture. Make two layers.
- Bake 35 minutes.