Recipe by KelBel
Chicken and Spaghetti in a creamy parmesan sauce. No tomatoes in this one.
Top Review by Vicki #4
This was really good! I added cooked bacon and 2 T fresh basil. I topped my dish with shredded Parmesan rather than grated, and it formed a really nice crust. I had no need to double the sauce as a reviewer suggested--using 8 oz, or half a box of spaghetti--was the perfect amount. I wouldn't bother to buy parsley next time; I didn't think it added anything. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half or 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine, apple juice or 1⁄4 cup white grape juice
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups cooked chicken breasts, cubed
- 8 ounces cooked spaghetti
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- extra parmesan cheese
- chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a saucepan and add flour stirring constantly.
- When mixture thickens, add chicken broth, half and half, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, wine, garlic, lemon juice, dry mustard and salt and pepper.
- Stir over medium heat until mixture again starts to thicken.
- Add chicken and spaghetti noodles and stir well.
- Place in a baking dish and sprinkle with paprika and extra Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350°.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.