Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I'm not real sure where I got this recipe from, but it looked so good I clipped it. I finally made it and boy, was it a hit. The whole family loved it! Next time I make it I'm going to add veggies so I have a one-dish meal.
- 3 cups cooked chicken
- 1 (12 ounce) package thin spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimiento
- 1 (28 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups Velveeta cheese (or similar product)
- salt and pepper
- cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large saucepan, cook chicken in boiling water until done.
- Drain, saving water.
- Chop chicken into small pieces.
- Add spaghetti to chicken water and cook until done, following directions on package.
- In another pan, melt butter and sauté celery and onion.
- Stir in pimento.
- Add chicken, soup, milk, Velveeta, salt and pepper.
- Drain spaghetti and add to chicken mixture.
- Pour into a greased 9-by-13 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle Cheddar on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Just made this for my family tonight..minus the pimientos and it was delish! Very easy to make so I'm definitly keeping this one!
Wonderful recipe! Very simple & easy to make. I subbed a 7-oz. pkg of large elbow macaroni (no spaghetti on hand), red onion (personal preference), & omitted the extra salt because I feel Velveeta already has all the salt you need. I also left the mixture in the pan instead of baking it, omitted the cheddar cheese (again, none on hand), & allowed the Velveeta to melt completely before serving. The sauce turned out cheesy, creamy, & sooo delicious. This one is definitely a keeper...I'm sure it will become a regular for my family! Thank you so much for sharing!