Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from a friend of mine around 1985 and I still make it at least once a month. Again, comfort food at it's best. I make a salad and garlic bread to go with it.
- 5 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimientos, small one
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (16 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- Boil chicken thighs about 20 to 30 minutes with 1 bay leaf. Reserve broth. Shred chicken and set aside.
- Brown the next 5 ingredients in a BIG skillet about 8 minutes.
- Stir in the next seven ingredients plus chicken and simmer 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Boil angel hair pasta according to package directions in reserved chicken broth (or regular spaghetti). Remove bay leaf, drain and fold into skillet mixture.