Recipe by Nancy Sneed
Comfort food that serves a bunch so invite lots of friends or family to help eat it. Freezes very well so you can separate it into several meals if you have a small family or 2 really good sized ones for a family of 4 or 5. Prep time includes boiling the chicken.
- 1 frying chicken (boiled, boned and shredded or cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1 lb thin spaghetti
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes (tomatoes with onions and peppers)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 lb butter or 1⁄4 lb margarine
- 1 (14 ounce) canearly june peas
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil chicken in water until done.
- Bone the chicken and tear or cut into bite size pieces; set aside.
- Sauté onion in one stick of butter until clear.
- Add in the Rotal tomatoes.
- Meanwhile boil the spaghetti in the broth from cooking the chicken.
- Melt the cheese.
- Mix the chicken, the spaghetti including the liquid it was cooked in, onion, peas and Velveeta together.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Put into a large casserole which has been sprayed with Pam or oiled to prevent sticking.
- Spoon the mushroom soup over and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until heated through.