Recipe by bmcnichol
I made this recipe for my sons band potluck and there wasn't any left. I got the original recipe from Casserole Cookbook but have modified it some.
Top Review by Terri Newell
So good. I thought I had spaghetti, but apparently the kitchen elves took it, so I used two cups of dry macaroni instead. The chicken I used was leftover from recipe #199636, which added another hit of garlic to the completed dish. I mixed about 1.5 cups of mozza into the dish, then topped it with the remaining 1/2 cup when almost done. It got a kind of crusty surface and corners [I used a 13x9 pan], which was delicious! I will definitely make this again and again.
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken in half
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 5 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed corn flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the soups, sour cream, milk, 2 tablespoons butter and seasonings.
- Add the cheese and mushrooms.
- Stir in chicken and spaghetti.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish.
- Combine the cornflakes and remaining butter; sprinkle over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until bubbly.