Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I made this recipe for my sons band potluck and there wasn't any left. I got the original recipe from Casserole Cookbook but have modified it some.
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken in half
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 5 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed corn flakes
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the soups, sour cream, milk, 2 tablespoons butter and seasonings.
- Add the cheese and mushrooms.
- Stir in chicken and spaghetti.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish.
- Combine the cornflakes and remaining butter; sprinkle over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until bubbly.
So good. I thought I had spaghetti, but apparently the kitchen elves took it, so I used two cups of dry macaroni instead. The chicken I used was leftover from Baked Chicken Thighs/Leg Quarters, which added another hit of garlic to the completed dish. I mixed about 1.5 cups of mozza into the dish, then topped it with the remaining 1/2 cup when almost done. It got a kind of crusty surface and corners [I used a 13x9 pan], which was delicious! I will definitely make this again and again.
hubby enjoyed but my girls didn't because they don't like mushrooms and he followed the recipe
Yum, Yum. This has great taste Bonnette. This makes alot and so I put in into a 9x13 baking dish so it wouldn't take so long to bake. Still it took all of 45 minutes. I omitted the mushrooms per family preference. Otherwise followed recipe as written. This takes some time to throw together, but well worth it. Thanks for a great dinner!~ Made for 123Hits.